I have an iPad 2 on iOS 5.1. The iCloud takes cellular data usage and causes massive battery drain. Is it possible to have Find my iPad activated without an iCloud account? I need Find my iPhone function but don’t love using for iCloud.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t work anymore without iCloud. You can turn off 3G data and use wifi network with iCLoud, so that doesn’t rack up your usage. To fix draining battery problems on iOS 5, try these tips:
* Tap Settings > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
* Tap Settings > General > Bluetooth, and turn it OFF.
* Tap Settings > General > About > Diagnostic & Usage > Don’t Send.
* Go to Settings > General > Restrictions > Enable Restrictions, turn Ping OFF.
* Go to Notification Center and disable anything you don’t need.